Preamble /Statement of commitment
The Australian Baseball Federation supports the right of people with disabilities to be involved in all facets of baseball, including full and equitable participation in grass roots to elite level baseball, in both a playing and non-playing role.
1. The Australian Baseball Federation will take reasonable steps to identify and eliminate unlawful direct, indirect, and systemic discrimination from its structures and practices and will ensure that baseballers with disabilities are afforded reasonable opportunity to participate in all aspects of the sport.
2. All Australian Baseball Federation’s employees and volunteers shall, within their areas of responsibility, take reasonable steps to remove any barriers which exist to programs and services, and the physical, social, and virtual environment in accordance with the Australian Baseball Federation’s Disability Action Plan.
3. The Australian Baseball Federation will provide reasonable assistance to prospective baseballers with disabilities to gain access to its programs and services.
4. The Australian Baseball Federation will provide reasonable adjustments to ensure that people with disabilities can successfully participate in all aspects of baseball.
5. Baseballers with disabilities who require services or adjustments have a responsibility to provide timely and appropriate information, which assists baseball to fulfil its obligations.
6. This Action Plan will be regularly evaluated and revised using consultative mechanisms and practices to maintain relevant continuous improvement in programs, services and facilities for baseballers with disabilities.